Monday, February 1, 2010


It's been a week since I posted. As my loving sister, FavAuntie, has reminded via email and text. Well, sis, I hope you feel good guilt-tripping me as I have been dealing with two sick kids, a sick, pregnant self AND had to miss my first solo weekend away.

To catch you all up, on Tuesday evening, Collette projectile vomited in the playroom and could not keep anything down for the rest of the night - not even a couple sips of water. I had to skip my twin's club meeting to help Billy hold down the fort - we aren't used to baby sickness around here, thankfully. Luckily, she was much better the next morning, just tired.

Fast forward to Thursday night/Friday morning. I woke from a dead sleep to follow in Collette's footsteps. This went on until Friday night. I could not eat or drink anything (seriously, not more than tiny sips of water) for at least 24 hours. Billy had to leave work early to come home and rescue me. Friday evening, Sebastian joined in the fun. Good times.

I was suuposed to visit my best friend in Portland, ME on saturday and stay over - my first time ever going away with kids or husband since the twins were born. But on Saturday morning, all I could eat were saltines and Sebastian was still sick. So I stayed and recuperated and helped as much as I could. Needless to say, blogging has not been high on my list of priorities as of late.

Also, to update my last post about our nap transition, we have abandoned ship. Because or playmates abandoned ship first. The twins are still doing fine with 2 naps so there is no harm in keeping this going for a few more weeks, at least. The Children's Museum will just have to wait :)


  1. It was hard to do the 2 to 1 nap transition so don't beat yourself up - give yourself another month or two before you plunge in. I had the virus a couple of weeks ago so I feel for you!

  2. Ugh. So sorry about the sickies!

  3. AHH so sorryyy, haha i was just joking about giving you a hard time. i even asked kim "have you heard from cole?" b/c you hadnt responded to my texts either. no one knew you were sick!! i know exaaactly how you feel though- i had that 24 hour hell-like bug twice last year! and the year before too when i was dogsitting Lola for u guys! worrrrrrst. glad you are all feeling better. my poor babies!!!

  4. Ugh...sorry, hun! It cycled through our house twice last year...thank you, daycare! We did the transition to 2 naps in the summer when there was a lot more motivation to be "out" of the if everything is working for you there is no harm waiting till YOU are ready!


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.