Since I was young, my father has been fodder for many jokes among me, my siblings and my friends. Luckily, he's a good sport and continues to provide us with more and more material to keep us entertained. Here are some of my favorite (and not-too-revealing) dad stories:
- My father chaperoned a field trip to the beach with my class. One of my classmates threw my dad's shoes into the ocean and in response, my father clothes-lined the kid and threw him in the ocean while the whole class watched. We were in the 5th grade. (Strangely, the teachers sided with my father...)
- I came home from school one day and my dad told me that he got me a job. I told him that was impossible because I was only 13 and there were child labor laws against that sort of thing. He said, "Oh, well, I told them you were 15 so make sure you say 15 if they ask."
- He regularly haggles over prices with employees at places like KMart and Kohl's.
- His favorite father-child bonding activity was driving with us on the highway on-ramps, going so fast the car would practically be on two wheels, asking us, "kids, wanna hear the tires sing?!"
- He adds many spoonfuls of sugar to his Coca-cola.
Grandpa with Sebastian on Christmas Eve.Happy birthday, Dad! Thanks for the laughs and the memories!! We love you!